What’s St. Paddy’s Day without a Shamrock Shake? Or an Irish Car Bomb? Whether your taste leans towards the sweet and floathy or the crisp and sparkling, we’ve crafted a few distinctive Irish-themed drinks to help you deliciously celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, featuring our Whip-It! dispenser, soda siphon, N2O and Nitro Coffee chargers.
Tipsy Shamrock Ice Cream Float
- 1 oz. creme de menthe liqueur
- 1 oz clear creme de cacau liqueur
- 4 oz. Whip-It! Soda Siphon seltzer
- 2 scoops green mint chocolate chip ice cream
- chocolate fudge sauce
- crushed Oreo cookies
- whipped cream (tinted green) from Whip-It! dispenser
- mint sprig
- Dip or brush the rim of tall soda glass with fudge sauce and coat with crushed Oreos. Chill glass.
- Pour liqueurs into the chilled glass.
- Add chilled seltzer from Whip-It! Soda Siphon.
- Add ice cream scoops.
- Top off float with green tinted whipped cream from a Whip-It! dispenser.
- Garnish with mint.
Nitro Coffee Irish Car Bomb
- 1 bottle (11.5 ox.) Guinness Extra Stout
- 8 oz. cold brew coffee
- 2 oz. Irish whiskey (e.g. Jameson)
- 3 oz. Irish creme*
- 1 Whip-It! Nitro Coffee charger
- heavy cream
- fresh mint
- Simmer the Guinness in a small saucepan until reduced to 1/3 (about 4 oz.), then chill.
- Pour chilled Guinness reduction, cold brew, Irish whiskey and creme in a .5 ltr capacity Whip-It! dispenser. Swirl to combine.
- Secure the head, fitted with a plain tip, and screw on Nitro Coffee charger. Invert dispenser and shake briskly for about 10 secs.
- Dispense the coffee over iced Irish coffee mug.
- Top off with 2-3 spoonfuls of heavy cream and garnish with mint.
Ginger Lime Syrup:
- 1/2 c. peeled & sliced fresh ginger root
- peel and juice of 2 fresh limes
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. water
- Stir together sugar and water in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add ginger and lime.
- Simmer for 5 mins., then remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Strain syrup into a clean, dry mason jar, cover and refrigerate.
- Pour 2 oz. ginger lime syrup and 2 oz. Irish whiskey into an iced copper mule mug.
- Top off with fresh chilled seltzer water from a Whip-It! Soda Siphon. Stir to mix.
- Garnish with fresh lime wheels and mint.