Cold Brew Concentrate
- 2 c. coffee beans, coarse ground
- 4 c. cold filtered water
- Place the ground coffee in a glass pitcher or mason jar. Pour in cold water and stir to combine. Cover and let the grounds steep at room temperature for 12-16 hrs.
- Strain cold brew through a cheesecloth or coffee filter-lined strainer. Transfer into a air-tight glass container. Will keep in refrigerator for about 1 week.
- To use, dilute 1 part concentrate to 1 part cold water.
Coconut Rum Nitro Coffee
By: Mimi Young
- 3/4 c. cold brew concentrate
- 1 c. cold coconut water
- 2 T. spiced or coconut rum
- 1 T. coconut sugar syrup (see recipe below)
- 1 ea Whip-It! Nitro Coffee charger
- Pour the cold brew concentrate, coconut water, rum, and syrup into a .5 ltr Whip-It! stainless steel cream dispenser.
- Secure the head, fitted with a plain decorator tip, and swirl the bottle around to combine the liquids.
- Screw on nitrogen charger, invert the dispenser, and shake well for about 10 seconds.
- Angle the tip against the inside of a glass filled with ice and gently squeeze the lever to dispense.
Coconut Sugar Syrup:
- 1 c. coconut sugar
- 1 c. water
- pinch of Kosher or sea salt
- Place the ingredients in a saucepan and stir to combine.
- Boil the mixture for 2 mins. on medium heat.
- Remove from heat and transfer syrup into a clean glass bottle or jar. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.